8:30am - 5:00pm
8:30am - 11:00am
409 Concession Street
Hamilton, ON, Canada
For your Comfort
Soft liners are used to increase chewing comfort in new or existing dentures. Soft liners are bonded to the surface of dentures and rest on the oral tissues. The soft liner acts as a shock absorber between the hard plastic denture base and the sensitive oral tissues covering the jaw ridges. If you are suffering with denture sore spots, speak to your Denturist about how a soft liner may help you,
Is a soft liner right for you?
Permanent soft liners provide comfort and relief for individuals with:
- chronic soreness
- severely flattened ridges that do not tolerate the chewing pressure comfortably
- ridges with prominent or sharp bony areas
Advantages of soft liners
- greater comfort; many denture wearers report that they can chew food more comfortably
- patients experience a reduced number of sore spots
- a proven technology, soft liners have been available for over 40 years, and during that time the materials and technology have steadily improved
Things to think about with soft liners
- special consideration in the use of proper cleansers and proper home care must be given to soft liners
- like all dentures, soft lined dentures require regular follow up visits with a Denturist to examine the fit of the dentures, the health of the oral tissues, and to professionally clean dentures, if recommended.
Ask your Denturist how you could benefit from a soft liner.
*Educational material reprinted with permission from The Denturist Association of Ontario (DAO). Copyright © 2014 The Denturist Association of Ontario. All rights reserved.*