8:30am - 5:00pm
8:30am - 11:00am
409 Concession Street
Hamilton, ON, Canada
Receive the care and attention you and your dentures deserve
It is critical to maintain your dentures to ensure maximum comfort, chewing efficiency and appearance.
Why is an Annual Recall Appointment Important?
To ensure you are getting maximum comfort, chewing efficiency and appearance from your dentures you should participate in the annual checkup offered by Battell Denture Clinic. At this appointment we have the opportunity to assess the integrity of your dentures, identify problems and possibly save you money and trouble in the future.
Oral Tissue and Jaw Bone
Over time, your mouth undergoes inevitable changes. Shrinkage (atrophy) of the underlying jaw bone on which your dentures rest is inevitable. The soft gum tissue that covers the jaw bone will also change over time. Your denture’s fitting surfaces do not change over time and your dentures may not fit as they once did.
Having an annual oral exam may help prevent or detect the existence of oral cancer or other abnormal conditions.
Medical and Dental History
Updating both your medical and dental history is an important for us to continue to provide you quality treatment, as changes may directly affect the fit of your dentures.
What to expect during your annual visit
- updating of your dental and medical history
- intra-oral examination to check for any abnormalities or changes in your oral tissues
- checking the integrity of your dentures for chips, cracks and worn, loose or missing teeth, checking the esthetics, stability and bite
- discussing options available to you based on your needs
- reviewing of oral hygiene procedures and denture care
- cleaning and polishing of your dentures, if required
BATTELL DENTURE CLINIC IS HERE FOR YOU!
*Educational material reprinted with permission from The Denturist Association of Ontario (DAO). Copyright © 2014 The Denturist Association of Ontario. All rights reserved.*